Houston Police Search for Murder Suspect in Fatal Richmond Avenue Shooting

Houston Police Search for Murder Suspect in Fatal Richmond Avenue Shooting
WANTED: Emilio Fuentes Cuellar

HOUSTON, Texas – The Houston Police Department has filed murder charges against a suspect accused in a fatal shooting outside a business on Richmond Avenue earlier this week.

Investigators identified the suspect as 45-year-old Emilio Fuentes Cuellar, who has been charged with murder in the 495th Criminal District Court. Police said Cuellar remains at large.

The shooting occurred around 4:10 a.m. on May 20 at 9387 Richmond Avenue.

Responding officers found an unresponsive 38-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds outside a business, according to investigators. Paramedics with the Houston Fire Department pronounced the victim dead at the scene.

Authorities said the victim’s identity is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

Through the investigation, homicide detectives identified Cuellar as the suspect and filed charges against him.

Anyone with information about Cuellar’s whereabouts or the case is asked to contact the Houston Police Department Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.