Conroe Man Arrested on Indecency With a Child Charge Following Elementary School Outcry

Conroe Man Arrested on Indecency With a Child Charge Following Elementary School Outcry
Dylan Dian-Lopez

CONROE, Texas – A Conroe man was arrested Thursday after a child reported an alleged sexual assault to school officials, prompting a swift investigation by the Conroe Police Department.

On February 19, 2026, at approximately 2:47 p.m., Conroe police officers were dispatched to a local elementary school after a student disclosed an assault that allegedly occurred earlier that day at the child’s residence. Authorities said the suspect was known to the victim’s family.

Patrol officers gathered initial information before requesting assistance from Detective N. Becker, who assumed control of the investigation. The child and family members were transported to Children’s Safe Harbor, where forensic interviews were conducted.

Following those interviews, investigators determined there was sufficient evidence to present the case to Division Chief Donna Hansen with the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office. An arrest warrant was subsequently issued.

Detectives also conducted a consensual search of the residence identified as the location of the alleged offense and collected evidence connected to the investigation.

Detective Becker, along with members of the Conroe Police Patrol Division, later located the suspect at a residence in the 1100 block of South Second Street. After an interview, 29-year-old Dylan Dian Lopez was taken into custody without incident.

Lopez was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on a charge of Indecency with a Child – Sexual Contact, a second-degree felony.

Police said the suspect was arrested within approximately ten hours of the initial report.

Conroe Police Chief Jon Buckholtz praised investigators for their rapid response and emphasized the importance of the victim’s courage in coming forward.

The investigation remains ongoing.